I love food! I like to try new recipes and I love to cook for friends and family. Some of the recipes I post will be ones I've been meaning to try, to test my capabilities as a cook and others may be dependable recipes I make on a regular basis that I thought I would share. I've been receiving Everyday Food Magazine since it first came out, so many of the recipes you see me trying in my blog will be coming from this magazine. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pumpkin Donut Muffins

These looked so delicious and were fabulous with a glass of apple cider. Definitely a great fall treat. I recommend eating these within 24 hours of baking, after that they get gooey or stale.

Ingredients
Batter:
1 1/4 sticks of butter, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups pure pumpkin puree
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs

Sugar Coating:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and allspice. In a second bowl combine buttermilk and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, beat in eggs one at a time. Then add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of the pumpkin mixture.

Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup, bake until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. While muffins are baking combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. One at a time brush butter all over muffin then toss to coat in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment