I love food! I like to try new recipes and I love to cook for friends and family. Some of the recipes I post will be ones I've been meaning to try, to test my capabilities as a cook and others may be dependable recipes I make on a regular basis that I thought I would share. I've been receiving Everyday Food Magazine since it first came out, so many of the recipes you see me trying in my blog will be coming from this magazine. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Pistachio Tart

I made this for my families Easter gathering. I like to try recipes that bring out the feel of that holiday or season. This recipe made me think of spring with the bright colors of the pistachios and strawberries.

Ingredients
1 thawed sheet puff pastry
1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
2 tablespoons sugar
5 (about 1 1/2 lbs) cups thinly sliced strawberries
1/4 cup warmed apricot jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.With a fork, prick pastry all over, top with another sheet of parchment paper and stack another baking sheet on top to prevent rising. Bake 20-25 minutes.

In a food processor combine sugar and pistachios, process until finely ground. Sprinkle on puff pastry leaving a 3/4 inch border. Bake until puff pastry is deep golden brown, 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven, arrange strawberries on the pistachio mixture, overlapping slices. Brush berries and border with apricot jam and sprinkle remaining pistachios on border.



Everyone loved the tart, thought it was light and sweet. I thought it was a lot of effort and probably wouldn't make it again. This makes 12 servings and is 158 calories per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment