I love food! I like to try new recipes and I love to cook for friends and family. Some of the recipes I post will be ones I've been meaning to try, to test my capabilities as a cook and others may be dependable recipes I make on a regular basis that I thought I would share. I've been receiving Everyday Food Magazine since it first came out, so many of the recipes you see me trying in my blog will be coming from this magazine. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Swedish Fish Infused Vodka

I got this idea from a co-worker who told me about vodka they tried at a local bar that was infused with swedish fish. I had to try making it myself. Of course, they now sell swedish fish and root beer barrel vodka, but I've been told my homemade version is way better after doing a taste test with friends.

Ingredients:

2 Bags of Swedish Fish
5th of your favorite Vodka (keep bottle for later)

Dump swedish fish from 1 bag into glass jug (I use growlers I get from the local breweries). Add vodka. Shake. Every couple days shake the container to mix up the vodka and swedish fish. After 2 weeks the vodka should be nicely infused. Take a cheese cloth or mesh strainer and pour vodka through it to remove any remaining swedish fish. Then pour infused vodka back into it's original container or any other glass container you may have. After the infusion process, if the vodka is too syrupy you can water it down with more vodka. Serve as a shot with a swedish fish to chase. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Giving your recipe a try. I have about a week before it's ready. I will let you know how it n goes.

    ReplyDelete